Updated: Jul 31
This is a simple dish using ingredients from the east and west to create an abundance of flavours.
Ingredients (use more seasonings for a bigger chicken)
1 whole chicken (about 2.5 lbs.)
2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon of soya sauce
1 tablespoon of Herbs of Provence or any mixed dried herbs
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of black pepper
½ tablespoon of salt
4 pieces of ginger
1. Pat dry the chicken.
2. Put all the seasonings in a bowl and mix well.
3. Spoon 1/3 of the seasonings into the cavity of the chicken. Cover the inside of the chicken with seasonings.
4. Brush the remaining seasonings on the outside of the chicken.
5. Put slices of ginger into the cavity of the chicken
6. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours.
7. Thirty minutes prior to cooking, remove chicken from the fridge and let it gets to room temperature.
8. Preheat oven or air fryer up to 350F/175C. (I like to use a good size toaster oven because it heats up faster than a regular oven.)
9. Line baking tray with foil for easy cleaning. Put a rack on top. If you don’t have one, leave the rack out.
10. Put chicken on the rack breast side up and bake for 30 mins. If you are using an air fryer, reduce the time to 25 mins.
11. Remove from oven and flip chicken breast side down and bake for 10 mins.
12. Remove from oven and flip chicken breast side up again. Brush cooking oil all over chicken and bake for another 10 mins. A total of 50 mins.
13. Let chicken rest for 10 mins and pour juice over chicken.