Updated: Jun 15
Who can resist BBQ ribs that fall of the bones? You can make it at home with a few ingredients and a little patience.
One rack baby back ribs
Marinate for ribs
Thyme or cumin powder or cayenne pepper
1/2 cup Ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or any vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp dry rub (from above)
chili sauce (optional)
A few pieces of ginger to get rid of the porky smell
1. Pat dry baby back ribs. Remove silver skin on bone side and trim excess fat if any.
2. Brush mustard on ribs so that dry rub can easily stick to ribs
3. Sprinkle dry rub all over. Repeat on the other side.
4. Roll out 2 layers of aluminum foil and place a few ginger pieces on it.
5. Wrap ribs tightly in 2 layers of aluminum foil and cook in a preheated oven at 300F for 1 hour 40 mins. If you are using a bigger piece of rib, add 10 mins to cooking time.
6. Mix BBQ sauce and taste test. Adjust as desired. If you like spicy, add some chili sauce. Some oil if you want the sauce more shiny.
7. When ribs are tender, brush the BBQ sauce generously onto both sides of the ribs. Broil at 450f for 7 mins until the sauce bubbles.
8. Brush a second layer of BBQ sauce and broil for another 3 mins.